Tuesday, May 27, 2014

How Am I Doing This?

This blog is going to look a little different than it ever has before, I think. A lot of that has to do with the fact that I'm about to plunge into this scary and insane world of querying and hopefully find some way to get published. And while I'm stupidly excited to do that, I also need to start thinking about different ways to present myself than I ever have before. Like, I have written some scathing book reviews, which likely won't show up again. Nor will my half-assed advice columns on writing.

I guess what I'm saying is that I want to be less fucking terrible. As an individual and a blogger. I'll still do writing advice and book reviews, but my hope is that they'll be much more complex and nuanced than they were before.

I'm also (bewilderingly) going to start a schedule and stick with it. This is not something I'm accustomed to, but I will do my best not to suck at it. The idea is to post every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I don't know what those posts will look like. They'll either be about books in one way or another. Or maybe I'll just tell you stories about things that happened in my life, since I'm a flaming egotist and do enjoy that sort of thing.

Great. Cool. First real post will be hitting this page tomorrow-ish.

I think I'll post about my progress in my own writing on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Maybe. If it gets totally obnoxious, I'll stop.

If you have any preference on what you'd like to see, feel free to comment on this post, send me a tweet, start up a smoke signal. Whatever, you know.

As always, thanks for putting up with my shit.

No comments: